Nominations are open for the 2018 MG ALBA Scots Trad Music Awards.
Hands Up for Trad have opened nominations for this year’s MG ALBA Scots Trad Music Awards. The public have until Sunday 14th October to nominate in each of the eighteen categories which include Composer of the Year and Album of the Year.
The MG ALBA Scots Trad Music Awards celebrates excellence in traditional music. Honouring artists, instrumentalists, composers and singer-songwriters plus phenomenal performances from some of the biggest names in traditional music, the ceremony recognises outstanding musical talent from all over Scotland.
We’re delighted once again to sponsor the Trad Album of the Year. The award shines a light on the traditional recording industry and showcases the vast number of albums released each year in the trad and folk music genre.
The 2018 longlist of 25 albums :
- Air Fàir an Là by Niteworks
- alterum by Julie Fowlis
- Bare Knuckle by Chris Stout and Catriona McKay
- Ellipsis by Fourth Moon
- EVO by SKERRYVORE
- Glasgow by Findlay Napier
- In Praise of Home by Rura
- Inyal by Inyal
- Notes from the boat by Mike Vass
- Pipes by John Mulhearn
- Punch by The Poozies
- Sanctuary by Ross Ainslie
- Sandwood by Duncan Chisholm
- SOLO by Sarah-Jane Summers
- Some Other Land by Adam Sutherland
- Sròmos by James Duncan Mackenzie
- Symbiosis II by Ross Ainslie and Ali Hutton
- Tales From The North by Calum Stewart
- The Key by Blazin’ Fiddes
- The Morning Tempest by Josie Duncan & Pablo Lafuente
- The Pipe Slang by Jamie MacDonald & Christian Gamauf
- The Railway by Hamish Napier
- The Rough Bounds by Daimh
- The Seer by Lauren MacColl
- Undersong by Salt House
The longlist will be whittled down to a shortlist of ten albums which is decided by 50% industry panel and 50% public. The winners will be unveiled at Perth Concert Hall on 1st December 2018.
For more information and to nominate please visit:
Tickets for the Trad Music Awards ceremony are available from Horsecross Threatre.
For box office call 01738 621031 or email email@example.com.